In this privacy statement we would like to inform you how Insiders Online BV und Tripweb BV, both part of Insiders Holding (in the following ‘Insiders’), handle your personal data. We explain who is the party responsible for collecting the data in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We explain which personal data is collected and how the collected data is handled. This privacy statement applies to all personal data we collect from your company and from the final user of the services we carry out in your name. We explain for which purposes the data is collected, how long the data is stored and which rights you have regarding the storage of the data.
Furthermore, we explain how we handle the data collected from final users of your websites and apps. You are responsible for collecting this data. You can use this information in your own privacy statement to inform your customers about the collection and handling of their personal data.
Who is responsible?
According to the GDPR the party which determines for which purposes the personal data is collected is responsible. This means that Insiders is responsible for the data of your organization and of our points of contact in your organization. You are responsible for collecting data from final users of your websites and apps. In this case Insiders acts as the party processing and administrating this data. We have other parties process this data. We expect from these organizations that they handle the data with the same care we do. Therefore, these partners have signed a Data Processing Agreement in accordance with the GDRP with us in which they agree to handle the data according to our standards.
Which type of data do we collect?
We collect and safe all personal data which we receive via phone, e-mail, the registration form or otherwise. We use the data to be able to fulfill our contractual obligations.
In order to fulfill our contractual agreements, we may collect the following data for different purposes:
- name & address
- post box & other address data
- phone number(s)
- email address
- user name and password with Insiders
- IP address used to login into Insiders
- billing & bank data
- website content such as photos, videos and texts which you, other organizations or final users upload to your website, your database or your open data platform (user generated content)
- personal data user may add to their profiles
- statistics regarding user behavior on your website/in your app (e.g. number of sites visited, customer journey, reviews, likes, favorites and search terms)
- data regarding interests and/or membership in groups on social media, e.g. LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Whatsapp, which is expressed through activity in these networks (this includes liking, following and unfollowing as well as sending of invitations in accordance with the privacy statements of these platforms)
- booking data and history for online bookings through Citynavigator bookings and/or Tripweb
Why do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- We need this data to be able to deliver services to final users in your name. For example, we can send the requested information to users who have subscribed to your newsletter.
- If you ask us to build an online platform for you, we can show information about a certain place, entrepreneur, profile or contact on the website. For example, we are able to show the contact details of a certain restaurant. This enables the final users of the website to get in contact with each other, see information and/or add information to the website.
- Additionally, we use this data to send our digital newsletter to you and your colleagues. The newsletter contains among other things Citynavigator updates, event invitations and personalized content matching your interests or the situation of your organization.
- We use this data to send you information about new products and services of Insiders.
- We track how and how often you use our services. This enables us to improve our services.
- We use this data to send you invitations to events which might interest you, for example workshops and information sessions we organize.
Why do we collect the personal data of the final users of your website or app?
We collect the personal data of the final users of your website or app for the following purposes:
- If you use our newsletter software, we need this data in order to send messages to the final user of your website or app in your name.
- We can display personal data which users add to their profiles (e.g. interests regarding travel or free time) on your website or in your app.
- We can display personal data which members of your organization add to their profiles on your website or in your app.
- We analyze this data to get statistics regarding user behavior on your website/in your app (e.g. number of sites visited, customer journey, reviews, likes, favorites and search terms)
- During a running campaign we analyze data regarding activity, interests and membership in groups on social media in order to be able to show relevant and interesting content to the target group. During the campaign we like and (un)follow user within the target group and send them relevant invitations.
- Additionally, we use this data to be able to show campaigns to final users. These campaigns match the interests and profile of the user in line with the GDRP.
- We use this data to be able to maintain online chats on your website or in your app.
How long do we store personal data?
We only store the above-mentioned data as long as it is necessary for us to fulfil our contractual agreements. All data is deleted as soon as the contract ends. In case a final user, a client or any other entitle person asks us in the meanwhile, we will be deleted the data as soon as possible and within the legally required time.
How do we protect the collected data?
We have taken measure to protect theft of data. We do not share your data with countries outside the EU. We only store collected data as long as its is necessary. In some cases, we might be legally required to store the data longer. As soon as we do not need the data anymore, we will delete or anonymize the data in a secure way.
If you use our email service, we’d like to inform you that this service is carried out by Rackspace based in the United States. We expect Rackspace to handle the collected data as carefully and responsibly as we do. Therefore, Rackspace has signed a Data Processing Agreement in accordance with the GDRP with us.
On request Insiders can send you an overview of your personal data collected. We change or delete this data on request. If you do not longer wish to receive our newsletter or invitations to events, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. You can not unsubscribe from messages which are necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations. This includes notifications that you need to change parts of your website or platform.
Future updates privacy statement
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement in the future. You can find the latest version of our privacy statement on the website of Insiders.
If you have questions or complaints regarding this privacy statement or would like to change or delete your data, please contact your point of contact at Insiders or call us: +31 (0)73 6841590